10 May 2011

LOVE Minneapolis!

10 Best Summer Trips of 2011
Photo Credit: National Geographic {here}

(4.) Minneapolis, MN

Now, I am going to have to toot my own horn here...but in my humble opinion National Geographic is a little behind the '8-ball'. I could have told the world that a long time ago; but as it stands it's always exciting when your home town gets recognition for positive and good things. You can see the other fabulous ten destinations that National Geographic recommends {here} but as I said, it's always fun to see a place that you love and adore get some press. 

Here are some of my Favorite Minnesota things {In no particular order}:  
  1. Lakes & Rivers - I maybe a stereotypical Minnesotan when I say this but you really do learn to appreciate all of the natural beauty that is around us. Whether you go up north in the sacred boundary waters, or you find a bike path in the city to explore the great Mississippi River. In Minneapolis alone there are over 150 parks available for recreation and enjoyment all with it's own unique vibe and amenities. You can visit the Minneapolis Park & Recreation website {here} to learn more!  
  2. Music Scene - Now I am no expert but I have heard from many people and magazines alike that Minneapolis has a large variety of places to watch live music, as well as a vibrant scene of local artists that work hard to share there thoughts and feelings through their art. My personal favorites is First Ave & Varsity Theater
  3. Uptown/ Downtown/ & everywhere in between - In the City of Minneapolis there are so many cool coffee shops, stores, boutiques, schools, art galleries, shopping outlets, farmers markets...there's really a place for everyone to enjoy no matter your taste! When it's nice out everyone wants to get outside and enjoy the culture and diverse ray of entertainment both day and night. 
  4. People - The people in Minnesota are a unique, diverse, friendly {for the most part}, and cultured group of people. You would almost be able to walk anywhere and get into a conversation with someone and learn about where are their own personal story if you just give them a chance. There's a sense of belonging in Minnesota and I don't think it ever really leaves you completely. 
  5. Small world, but very busy! - There's a sense of community in Minneapolis and other cities a like in Minnesota, yet it's never too small where you feel like you only see the same people everyday. With that being said we have both metropolitan and small homey towns alike. But remember, everything is only "a 15 minute drive"
I could really go on, but I think as a Minnesotan true to heart I would never have asked for a better place to live and be raised. Minnesota is filled with very politically conscious people that aren't afraid to stick there hand up when they have strong feelings, yet at the same time we try our best to be fair and responsible to each other and the environment. Now, as in any other place no where is perfect, but as the saying goes it's "perfectly imperfect"! I love it here, and if I ever have the privilege of raising a family I really hope I can raise them here close by my family and friends. 

{10 days until the semester over!}

No comments:

Post a Comment