Song: Winds of Change
Artist: Fitz and The Tantrums
Album: Pickin' Up the Pieces
Released: January 5th, 2011
Genre: Pop
This song was discovered after hearing Fitz and The Tantrums on my local public radio station {89.3 the Current}, but then I went online to look them up and see what their other music sounded like. I think one of my favorite songs on the album is the fourth track on the album, "MoneyGrabber" but with that being said I really like the sound of the entire album and really recommend you checking it out {here}. It'll be interesting to see what path they take, some of their lyrics in their songs seem to me like they could mainstream quite easily and loose their unique sound. I am always weary when music puts capitalism and patriarchy within their music though. It's always good to remember that we need to be critical viewers and listeners of what media throws at us, or we can just become zombies in society. But before I get on my soapbox I will stop...enjoy the song, and I once again encourage you to think outside your normal realm of music and you might find something you really enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment