Song: Cold War
Artist: Janelle Monáe
Album: The ArchAndroid
Genre {according to iTunes}: R&B/ Soul
Lyrics:
So you think I'm alone?
But being alone's the only way to be
When you step outside
You spend life fighting for your sanity
This is a cold war
You better know what you're fighting for
This is a cold war
Do you know what you're fighting for?
If you wanna be free?
Below the ground's the only place to be
Cause in this life
You spend time running from depravity
This is a cold war
Do you know what you're fighting for?
This is a cold war
You better know what you're fighting for
This is a cold war
You better know what you're fighting for
This is a cold war
Do you know what you're fighting for?
Bring wings to the weak and bring grace to the strong
May all evil stumble as it flies in the world
All the tribes comes and the mighty will crumble
We must brave this night and have faith in love
I'm trying to find my peace
I was made to believe there's something wrong with me
And it hurts my heart
Lord have mercy, ain't it plain to see?
This is a cold war
You better know what you're fighting for
This is a cold war
Do you know what you're fighting for?
KELLINDOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Do you know it's a cold, cold war?
Do you, do you do you?
Bye, bye, bye, bye
Don't you cry when I say goodbye
But being alone's the only way to be
When you step outside
You spend life fighting for your sanity
This is a cold war
You better know what you're fighting for
This is a cold war
Do you know what you're fighting for?
If you wanna be free?
Below the ground's the only place to be
Cause in this life
You spend time running from depravity
This is a cold war
Do you know what you're fighting for?
This is a cold war
You better know what you're fighting for
This is a cold war
You better know what you're fighting for
This is a cold war
Do you know what you're fighting for?
Bring wings to the weak and bring grace to the strong
May all evil stumble as it flies in the world
All the tribes comes and the mighty will crumble
We must brave this night and have faith in love
I'm trying to find my peace
I was made to believe there's something wrong with me
And it hurts my heart
Lord have mercy, ain't it plain to see?
This is a cold war
You better know what you're fighting for
This is a cold war
Do you know what you're fighting for?
KELLINDOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Do you know it's a cold, cold war?
Do you, do you do you?
Bye, bye, bye, bye
Don't you cry when I say goodbye
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This song is one of the only songs I have on my iTunes from Janelle Monáe so I cannot say I am any expert, but I do like her voice and this song has so much feeling and layers that I appreciate both lyrically and artistically. I would really suggest if you like this song you look at more of her music on her official website {here} as well as look at everything else it has to offer. A lot of her music is available online to stream and listen to without paying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, heat index of 110 here in Minnesota and rumor has it that 42 states in the US were in the 90's today. The weather is just so crazy lately! I can't complain though I am an outdoor lifeguard dependent on the hot weather and I would like to think I am more of a summer person anyway. Stay cool & hydrated this summer night, and find some music and lyrics that fit your mood too :)

Hey! I just realized my blog is on your blog roll and that you are from MN- my home state! I will make sure to visit your blog more often :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yeah...this is Ashley from FAIR, I found your blog from facebook :) I'm glad you found my blog, I don't really broadcast it too much!
ReplyDelete