
So not to long ago my mother and I had a conversation, a sort of conversation that mothers and daughters have I suppose. Sometimes I find myself having a conversation with myself in my head, and today it crossed my mouth again regarding a nursing exam. My mom and I talked about how life is hard sometimes, and that's okay, it's even better because when you make it through the hard things the pride and fulfillment you feel in that is something to cherish. That feeling is something that no one can take away from you, and something that should be tucked away for a reminder the next time something hard comes along to remind you that you'll make it through and it will be worth it.
So this week, I'm challenging myself that every time I encounter a hard thing to remind myself that life is hard and it's normal to experience hard things, but it's what we do with these experiences that matter. My challenge will be that instead of allowing the obstacle to control me, instead, allow the experience to help me grow and learn in such a way that I didn't see possible before.
I'm not perfect, and I pray every night that I can learn from my mistakes and be better for it. I commit this week to God, I commit my fears/ apprehensions/ challenges/ hardships to God in this coming week and ask for the strength and positive attitude to get me through each day.
I hope you can find hope in this new week, even when experiencing the hard moments in your life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment