
The weekend is filled with two swim meets, crunch time with studies with work amongst it all! So here's the quick run down. Luckily our nursing class for Monday/ Wednesday/ & Friday's meets days online as well as days in the classroom, so this past Friday fell on a day that was an "online module" allowing a little more relaxation before our Friday evening double dual.
Friday's meet was against Augsburg {here} & Concordia Moorhead {here} we pulled ahead as the stronger team for a double win against both Augsburg and Concordia, with solid swims (unfortunately we were all really tired, but we always push for the best!). Summary of events from Friday evening are {here}, the results can be found {here}.
Saturday, was day 2 of our weekend of competitions, this time we head over to Macalester {here}, for their annual invitational hosting I believe 8 teams total. We were down 2 of our top swimmers, and our diver was also sick at home which put us at a disadvantage against the other teams, luckily we all stepped up to the challenge even though we were worn and tired and got 2nd overall to St. Thomas who places consistently top 3 in conference team titles every year, so for us another successful meet. You can see the results {here}. After day two of the consecutive competitions, I think our team is still hungry for bigger time drops and the ultimate goal of success in February. I know that's how I feel, and it takes a lot of passion, work, and persistence to get there (good thing it's only November!).
As for the remainder of the weekend, I will be catching the bus to work in a hour, then followed by working on a school project for tomorrow, and studying for Pathophysiology (which is a constant task).

To everyone in this lovely state of Minnesota,
Happy first snow of the year {as of yesterday, November 19th}!
I am thankful, definitely a lot later than last year, mild winter? We can only hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment