Today is Wednesday, December 21st the time is 11:05am, instead of just getting out of lab for Nursing 3100, I am done with my first semester of nursing school! As I look back at the semester I can say time has flown by so fast, yet I remember the days and the weeks that I thought were never going to end. Now I wonder to myself if I lived in the moment enough to enjoy the semester, but now it's over and I look onward and upward, no turning back! As my dad said to me yesterday, only 3 semesters to go, and then I'll be an official college graduate....well let's not get ahead of myself.
After 1 semester of Nursing school there have been things I have had to give up, and things that make me who I am that I have had to hold on tight to in order to keep. Both have been a necessity for success. Nursing school, as with many other disciplines is a unique, compact experience that only those who have gone through the process would fully understand the experience of those living through it. As I reflect here and with others I've come to the realization that everyone deals with stress differently, and different things stress people out, same goes for each individual student in my class, and I'm learning to respect that.
As I look forward to the next semester I know that it will require more effort, more time management, as well as stretch and grow me even more than this past semester, but there's a voice inside my head that whispers to me that I can do it, and that this journey is meant for me. As I talk to my peers that will graduate this spring, apprehension of the future usually comes into the conversation and I just feel blessed that I know that what I want to do as a career and that my passions in life are crossed so nicely, when I graduate I will be able to dance across the stage and be confident in my degree. Not to say everything will be perfect all the time, or that there won't be days where I am exhausted and just want to quit, but feeling the sense of confidence that this, nursing, is my calling in life, is a pretty neat thing. It's like people say, you just know when you fall in love, or you just know which college to go to, or you just know...; that's the feeling I have about nursing. I have to hold onto that feeling in order to be successful for the next 3 semesters as a nursing student.... as for right now, I will enjoy the break and the Christmas Season :)


No comments:
Post a Comment