07 February 2012

Day 4 {4400 yards}/ Day 5 {3900 yards}

Fun Fact: Getting up today for day 5 of taper practices was rough, all that kept going through my head was that we only have 2 6am practices left this season, or in my case forever, so I know I can do 2, everyone can do two!

Yesterday was rough, dealing with death is hard, no matter what the scenario. I am keeping her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. But as reminded by a mutual friend, Jamaica always was able to smile, find humor or sarcasm in any situation in order get through it. I will try to think positively with a smile on my face to get through the next two weeks of taper and for the rest of the semester. I am truly glad that we crossed paths, even if it was for a short time. I hope that someday I can be just as fun-loving, and spontaneous as you one day!
Back to swimming, I know as you can see our yardage continues to drop, we're now half of where we started. Though lets be real, these practices haven't gotten easier, and I don't feel like they're taking any less time. So here's to the next day being better, and me being faster as time gets closer. I don't and shouldn't be fast now, I need to be fast next Thursday. 

Happy Tuesday! Find a reason to smile, and bring it through the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment