
Well today was definitely bittersweet. Especially since I am terrible, let me repeat terrible at goodbyes and endings. Which is kind of ironic because change, new things, and variety is something that excites me and I absolutely adore. Things that made this clinical especially difficult to finish was that the group of peers that I am with were awesome, all 6 of us just synced so well and really were helpful and supportive of each other through it all. I cannot say how thankful I am for that, because there were definitely moments where I know I couldn't have done it without them. Additionally, my instructor was irreplaceable to be honest. I have truly been blessed and amazed by my professors in the nursing program but this one truly is one of the best. He knows what works and what doesn't yet still wants feedback and ways to improve as a teacher which is truly what a great leader should be like. Lastly, the staff at the hospital were awesome to work with as a student and truly demonstrated the nursing excellence. As I look back at this past year there were portions that flew by, and others that were slow and tedious.
Things that I have learned about myself, about my career, and about the human experience is something that I looked for in a career and so much more. I can't even explain how much nursing fits exactly who I am and what I want to pursue. It's kind of scary sometimes.
Rule #5 - Orthopedic Postoperative Care -
Don't give up.
Don't give up on yourself.
[Because there's capabilities that you didn't even know that you had!]
Don't give up on your patient.
[because then the patient won't give up on you]
Don't give up on the day.
[Then there's still hope for success]
If you keep trying you'll figure out what works, even if it's in the last 10 minutes of your shift.
I'll be honest today was a long, draining day, and I need some rest. I will work on my TNC tomorrow.
Goodnight.
Checklist before Summer 2012:
[ ] 2 Patho Quizes
[ ] 1 TNC
[ ] Simulation Prep X2
[ ] Final Integrative Sim
[ ] Pathophysiology Cumulative Final
[ ] NURS 3500 Exam #3
[ ] NURS 3500 Cumulative Final
...8 days and counting until summer!
I can do this thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment