01 August 2012

Hello August [Ode to Red, White, and Blue!]

Hello, Hello!
I first want to apologize for being silent here for a bit....that is never my intention, however I want these posts to be both meaningful for you a reader (if there still are some) and me as the writer. I have things I would like to write about coming up, but at the same time I have this last research paper due for my summer class due in a week from tomorrow which is a priority and the thesis and proposal is late by a day. Gotta focus! With all this being said, I want to post some photos of moments from the Olympics thus far....and risk finding out things from today's events that I want to wait to watch on TV..so here it goes!

 
1) Missy Franklin's Gold in the 100 Backstroke {photo credit}

Why I love Missy Franklin:
- She is young and spunky and still swims for her high school swim team!
- Favorite quote that I've heard and remember, "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" in response to people criticizing her not seeking out a "better" more "experienced" coach
- She wears the good ol' Speedo Vanquishers (they're not even the 2.0 version!)....why spend hundreds of dollars on fancy goggles; that really aren't that cool 

 
2) Most decorated Olympian EVER Michael Phelps {Photo credit}

You have to give credit where credit is due. There is only one Michael Phelps and if anyone beats his record of Olympic medals in one Olympics/ Olympics total medals ever I will be shocked. I also have to say is just because an Olympian doesn't get gold that doesn't mean he lost, however 4th place in the Olympics is pretty much losing...and Michael Phelps has done it all and that makes him real. We are all fully human, and there's a limit. But I really do enjoy watching him swim, I also really really wish he would have put his head down and counted his strokes in the 200 fly and won that race the last time he'll compete in it ever, I MEAN REALLY PHELPS?! 

 
3) Fab 5 Winning TEAM Gold!! {Photo credit}

I love watching gymnastics, and it was awesome to see how important each and every one of these girls were important in making this possible. All of them stepped up there game and truly shined and that's what truly makes them each a champion. I will insert here how AWFUL these warm-up things they have to wear...they're like rain suits/ army jackets and pants....not good choice American Olympic Committee


4) I love watching Misty May & Kerri Walsh {Photo Credit}

These two are awesome! I love watching sand volley ball...and the new rule change in uniforms for the game make for some horrible outfits, but they seem to make it work here. I haven't seen anything today, so I am not up to date on their standings...so SHh!! Don't tell me



That is all for now...I am impressed with the U.S. and their Olympic standings thus far. I love summer Olympics and swimming will always have a special place in my heart. However, I am super excited to see track coming up as well!

Happy August 1st, Happy 'hump' day!

No comments:

Post a Comment