This is my "hello it's 5 o'clock in the morning face".
So I will be completely honest, from where I lay on my bed the chances of me getting up are getting smaller and smaller by the minute. So if by the end of me writing this post there are pictures on it, that means I got a burst of energy, because that required me getting out of bed...getting my camera...downloading photos...you get the picture ;)
Here was how my day went:
5:44am - alarm went off
slept for 10 more minutes
5:55am - got out of bed & got dressed in scrubs!!! Uniform a.k.a. did not have to think one minute about what I was wearing, other than weather or not to wear leggings underneath my scrub pants because it was 34 degrees outside. Hello Fall!
6:44am - catch the bus
7:25am - arrive at the hospital
7:30am - report to nurses office to get assignment - spinal cord unit
7:35am - wait at the door of the ID office (supposed to open at 7:30), wait...wait...wait...realize that I don't have my computer login or password yet, so I have to come back later
8:15am - get assigned a CNA to "shadow"
...on my feet...
{follow wound nurse and assist with wound vacs; pressure ulcer and bed sore dressing changes}
...on my feet...
12:30pm - get lunch, go back to nursing office, get login, get ID
1pm - report back to the floor
...on my feet...
...on my feet...
4:00pm off of work!
It was a busy day, and I LOVED every minute of it. I love working with people, I love taking it all in, I love having time go by so fast, it's definitely the career for me!
[ONE disclaimer] as you may or may not remember, or have been told I used to work 50+ hours a week in the summer running my own pool while working at another aquatics facility part time. Which meant, I was totally accustom to standing up all day and being on my feet with little breaks. BUT then last summer happened, and I worked at most 20 hours a week, 23 on a good week....so my tolerance for working 8 - 10 hour days went from totally normal to nothing...so between yesterday's clinical on mental health floor (8 & 1/2 hours) and today's work shift...it brought flashbacks to working again. I know I'll get used to it, but as I said earlier, my bed is my best friend right now :)

No comments:
Post a Comment