Today is Monday and I will beginning the long trek home to negative temps, snow, and ice late Thursday night, early Friday morning.
During our time here we have spent a lot more concentrated time in a conference room in a lecture type setting. This was not something I was expecting since I chose to take this class as a study abroad thinking more time would be spent out doing things hands on. It was kind of ironic, that a former high school teacher I traveled abroad with in high school stated, "make the most of your time; even the crappy stuff". I am truly trying my best to do this. I know that my time here all 19 days comes with a purpose; that I may not fully realize until years in the future. It's hard coming off an exciting past few days of zip-lining, safari adventures, and visiting one of the 7 natural wonders of the world only to return to the lecture room. The reality is class, is class, is class, no matter if it's in a traditional university classroom or halfway across the world in a Zambia classroom.
I have no regrets of this time here, but this last week is definitely a challenge I wasn't anticipating.
I know upon returning home it will be a rush into my final semester and it will all come with high energy, stress, class-load. So I will try to take full advantage of the slowed pace until then.
My prayer and hope for the next few days is to really embrace this time and be able to transition home without too much difficulty.
Enjoying the sun.
Much love.
No comments:
Post a Comment