16 January 2013

Made it to Livingstone, Zambia!

Hello, hello!

I'm still alive and well, and loving life here in Zambia, kinda sad I'm down to only one week left here. Even during the rainy season there's enough stretch of hot steamy sun to get burned (in my case no matter how much sunscreen I put on), or tan. I can't complain. We arrived here to the popular tourist city yesterday at 5:30pm after a nearly 7 hour bus ride in a bus slightly smaller than able to fit everyone, we made it work, and our first impressions of the hotel did not disappoint. Everything is up to American standards (& better than average) a welcomed midway break from our time in Lusaka.

Today has to be the most fun yet! We left at 8:30am to go to Victoria's Falls (one of the 7 natural wonders of the world), and after getting soaked viewing the whole thing we zip lined from Zambia to Zimbabwe at the base of the falls, it couldn't have ended a better way. Tomorrow we're off to Botswana and don't know the status of Internet. However, I'm sure the safari won't disappoint.

Happy 'hump' day, until next update...

No comments:

Post a Comment