26 March 2013

Love this City {Minneapolis}

 
This is a glimpse of the Minneapolis skyline from the top of Mall of America's west parking lot. Photo {03/24/3013} 

Sometimes life gets busy, the weather is less than preferable, and I move too fast to every really spend the time to appreciate where I am. The crazy thing is that sometimes I feel like living here sometimes "there's nothing to do" or I get "bored" with living here...but in all actuality Minneapolis/ St. Paul and the twin cities area have so much to offer. We may be in the upper midwest in the middle of "no-where", but we have great sports venues, theaters & music spaces galore, alongside a comprehensive bike-way and walkways around the city in and around plenty of green spaces. I see it important to remember that I shouldn't judge this place I live and call my home as harshly if I'm not willing to take advantage of everything it has to offer. It's my job to make the "normal" exciting, different, enticing. At the end of the day I really love this place, and will always hope that I will have a place to come back to here. A day last week I decided to take a drive around this wonderful city and take in the sites and sounds to enjoy the sun (not warmth - maybe only Minnesotans can understand), and an unexpected day off .

A view of the skyline on the bridge over 35W on 2nd Avenue & 42nd Street South {03/19/2013}
 

Wherever you may be from I challenge you to fully embrace your environment, even if it's feeling more like January than it is feeling like March in the spring time, or even when everything seems "boring"...maybe look for a new restaurant, go out of the box and walk a block you've never walked before...you might find something new and fun that you want to add to your routine!    

No comments:

Post a Comment