01 June 2013

April//May - what did you do to me?!!

{College Graduation May 25, 2013}
April/ May 2013

So I realized that I have totally gone off the routine of updates this last week, and then sooner than I know it May 31st already came and went..so here I am doing a monthly re-cap on the 1st of the month. Worst yet, I didn't realize I never wrote one for April! Silly me. April flew by without a roller coaster of emotions and schedule-nightmares to try to get me prepared for May and the ultimate month of endings and transition. All of these events and to-do lists piled up, however I think it ended pretty well...in a graduation commencement weekend that I'll hold close in my heart for years to come. I am a college graduate!

Lasts: last day as a student nurse technician and a student nurse for clinical ended on the exactly the same day in may, finished my final undergraduate course, sitting in the JDA as a student,...
Firsts: being "pinned" at nursing pinning ceremony, college graduation!, trying to participate in a #BlogEveryDayInMay link-up you can see how well that went {here}..I'm thinking I might use some of Jenni's prompts for later when I don't have anything to write about, we'll see.., shadowing a SWAT/ resource nurse,...
What I've learned: plan for everything; expect nothing....I'm serious at least when it comes to the last two months of nursing school...and potentially beyond 
Looking forward to: that moment where I can hold my college diploma in one hand, and my RN license in the other...that will be a really good day!
What I'm missing: space and time to do what I want to do...until I pass the nursing boards I don't think that my life is my own {truth}, I'm missing the hospital and my patients, I am missing investing in the elderly and the young, I missing being with the families that need a hug or word of support....I really just want to be a nurse NOW...
Faves: graduation celebrations with all of my family, getting pinned by my mom's sister, being able to complete the frame in my moms room (one photo of preschool graduation, one photo from high school graduation, and the photo of me in this post!)...

I'll be back...so I hope anyway, maybe posts on nursing pinning, graduation...how to study for NCLEX...those sorts of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment