19 July 2013

Family Summer [2013 Ed.]

My dad and mom at Temperance River in northern Minnesota, July 2013
(L) Ryley (20 y.o.) and (R) Zach (16 y.o.) at Canal Park in Duluth, MN
(L) Zach and (R) Ryley.
I know that I've been quiet this week on the blog for two reasons, one I didn't want to fill this space with too much stuff so that it gave an opportunity to read about the Trayvon Martin verdict as well as just have a moment of silence for all the people in the United States and abroad that are hurting because of loss, injustice, disease, unfortunate events, etc. There are so many parts of my life that I can be really critical about, and "aren't going my way" but then I realize that  I really have been given SO much. Right now I have the opportunity to spend and invest time in my family and be present in this phase of my life even if it is very much limbo between childhood and adulthood. If it wasn't for the four people in the above photos I would not be where I am, or living situation I am today. I am so thankful for my family. We don't always get along, we usually don't agree on everything, but they love me and I love them. There's something so satisfyingly lovely and comforting about a family that loves me unconditionally. I know this is not the case for everyone, and that on the other end of the spectrum family is a source of pain, guilt, and hardship and for that I pray that I can walk humbly and not take for grated what I have been given.

My dad comes home tomorrow after being out of town on sabbatical, in some ways it feels like it went by fast and in others it felt like forever! So I am glad he'll be back and the five of us will be under the same "roof" once again....at least for a little while.

Happy Weekending Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment