11 September 2013

I won't forget.


As I sit  here and write this post I am listening to the live streaming of the memorial services at the New York City site at the world trade center reading of all the victims names by the surviving members of their family and friends. I wrote a post on the 10-year anniversary & now I sit here in the quiet of my room and say a prayer for the survivors and their families, the people that for our freedom in America today. I am thankful to be a citizen of a nation where I have freedom and people who work with serving hearts for the best of others.

These photos are taken from our family trip to the site of Flight 93 crash in the field in Stoystown, PA.
Excerpt from the National Parks website:

On Tuesday morning, September 11, 2001, the U.S. came under attack when four commercial airliners were hijacked and used to strike targets on the ground. Nearly 3,000 people tragically lost their lives. Because of the actions of the 40 passengers and crew aboard one of the planes, Flight 93, the attack on the U.S. Capitol was thwarted.

 


 

 

Point of impact marked with a boulder in the field, only family and loved ones have access to walk out to that sacred space.

 If you're ever in the area in Pennsylvania, this field is quiet, full of memory, and respect for those who passed serving this country and fighting against evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment