September 2013
| My daddy & brother dropping him off for year 3 at Luther College. Year 1. Year 2. |
First, my apologies. This last week two weeks have been filled with ups and downs and everything in between. So what happens when life takes over, no blog posts that's for sure. I had every intention to do my regular monthly re-cap post last week, then I got busy with work, babysitting, and then ended up with the stomach flu on top of it all (today is the first day I can sit upright without totally wanting to vomit and eating some solid food) TMI?. ooops. If you're interested in reading any of the past monthly re-caps you can do so here.
Lasts: same as last month - I don't think there were any notable lasts this month, at least none that I can think of off the top of my head
Firsts: babysitting baby Liam who was born August 27th, 2013 (if you follow me on instagram you have definitely seen photos of his cute face), my first interview for an RN position (still having fingers crossed to hear a call back from them!), buying a yoga membership...
Things I've learned: patience is hardest to learn - yet important to gain, taking chances and letting life get messy isn't always a bad thing, learning to put myself out there, extending a kind hand can make a huge difference in people's lives in ways that I never even knew possible - even if it seems "insignificant" at the time
Looking forward to: extended summer (the weather has been awesome lately), starting a nursing job, buying a car, moving into my own place (at some point - buying a car and starting a nursing job come first)...
What I'm missing: nothing at the moment, trying to embrace and be happy with what my life has to offer in the here and now.
Cheers to September, now that it's already October. The sun is shining after a weekend of rain (much needed!) I am starting to feel better, and hopefully ready to start my work week again tomorrow.
Feeling blessed and thankful for everyone in my life right now, and looking forward to hopefully starting young adulthood and moving away from this transition time. Fingers crossed. (hopefully more blogging too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment