29 January 2014

brisk MN mornings.

Yesterday was my first one-on-one meeting with my nursing supervisor, who is awesome by the way! The meeting served as a 3-week check in, goal-setting, "review" in lieu of the fact I've only been there for three weeks it went really well! One of the things she talked about was the importance of nurses, especially those who work as front-line workers the need for a personal resilience plan, and incorporating self-care into my practice outside of work, so that I can be a healthy, happy, person. How I resonate with this both personally and professionally in my life. Having a personal resilience plan regardless of what you do, who you are, how much or how little you "work", it is essential in order to become the best you, you can be! As time goes on I'm thinking of starting posts themed around the things I do for myself and my personal resilience plan.


This morning I woke up and it was still below zero outside, and the sun was shining through my window. I rolled around in my bed trying to go back to sleep because I didn't have to be work until the evening shift at 3pm in the afternoon, and the words of my boss regarding my personal resilience plan came into my mind. I decided to get myself dressed and take myself out on a date, went on my yelp app and found a new restaurant that served breakfast and got my butt outside!

Starting out my day with myself, having personal space in a relatively empty restaurant to just relax was the best thing I could do for myself. In a job where there is constant voices around you, and are serving others when they need it takes a lot out of someone. After working all weekend I realized just how tired I will get after working 5 days in a row, and this was exactly what I needed.

So my first part of my "resilience plan" is going to be to dare to take myself out, and spend quality alone time doing things I enjoy. It was weird at first sitting at a table by myself, but it was also the most freeing experience I've had in a while. So thankful I did this, and will continue to do this as much as I feel is necessary.    

**photos taken on my iPhone, and posted to instagram, so if you follow me there...you probably have already seen these photos (oops)!

Date yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment