
nurses week 2014.
I am so proud to see so many of my fellow classmates posting such wonderful pictures, quotes, words, in celebration of nurses week this week. Just a year ago we were students who were on the verge of graduation and could never have guessed what the next year had in store. This week is special to me in so many ways because it's a time I can reflect on so much I have accomplished, so much I am thankful for, and so happy to be in a place surrounded by so many quality nurses on my unit. Tuesday was the first day of celebration of nurses week and that evening my boss came on the unit in scrubs and worked along side us, and throughout the shift passed out these wonderful bags to thank us nurses on her unit. What a great demonstration to work alongside my nurse manager and receive such a fun bag filled with treats and a card that I know I will cherish for a long time to come.
Nursing is so many things that I could never wrap into one blog post, let alone describe how much my heart goes into my job. I love my job. I am so proud to be in this profession. I hope that I can take care of myself so I can take care of my patients. Even on the bad-no good-horrible day, I can't imagine myself having a bad day in any other job.
This week I hope that I can remember all the nurses that left their legacy before me, and act intentionally to be the best nurse I can be, and how I can impact the lives of my co-workers as well as my patients.
Nursing is a team sport and I know I am so thankful for the people that I find around me to support me through it all.
happy nurses week, to all my fellow nursing staff & friends in nursing!
No comments:
Post a Comment