As the fall season will only be around for a few more fleeting weeks, I am finding myself trying to find a routine and rhythm in living on my own, buying groceries, cooking dinner, budgeting, having a life outside of work. Some weeks it is easier, some days it's harder. I take it as it comes. I haven't had a manicure in a few months and haven't had a pedicure in what feels at least 6. When working in scrubs 80% of your life it is truly a blessing to be able to put on clothes that I want to wear, that are cute, and fit the season.
It truly is the little things. My apartment space is feeling about 60% complete, but 100% liveable. I do not have a couch or a dining room table, my full length mirror has not been put into the wall, I still need to put up black-out drapes in my bedroom (off shift nursing I tell ya), I still need to buy utensils or bake ware in order to cook a full meal, I still don't have flour/ sugar/ to make cookies if I wanted to. I sometimes wish my TV was bigger, and that there wasn't what seems to be a nest of crickets living in my basement. I am happy though. I am proud for as far as I come since graduating from college, and look forward to what is to come.
As my facebook and instagram news feed starts to turn into engagement rings, home ownership, and birth announcements. I am learning to live into what my life is right now, and trust the process. Slow down and learn to enjoy the now.
Now over the next few days my to-do list is very grown up and has taken a life of it's own, I will try to avoid having to turn on the heat for just a little bit longer. I mean, I am a Minnesotan girl at heart, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment