Title: Children's Work
Artist: Dessa
Album: A Badly Broken Code (iTunes $9.99)
Genre: Hip Hop/ Rap
Released: January 19,2010/ Doomtree Records
Dessa is a member of the local Minneapolis-based hip-hop collective Doomtree. She started as a poetry slam artist and made a name for herself. Her primary love is for words and she got her B.A. and Masters from the University of Minnesota of Philosophy. A more detailed biology can be found on the iTunes store.
I appreciate her as an artist in hip hop because she offers a different perspective as a female voice in a world dominated by males. Much of her music can be found on youtube as well as it all being sold on iTunes.
Sorry for the late post! I have been overwhelmed and busy this past weekend and now has carried into the week. Busy is good, but time for myself is also good, and in this case in my blog! I'll try to be better. Enjoy the music!
No comments:
Post a Comment