28 May 2011

Welcome Days of Sunshine, Sunglasses, Sunscreen...

 

I can officially say my Summer officially has started! I always look forward to our all-staff mandatory summer meeting after coming back from a well-deserved mini-vacation at my aunt's house in Chicago. This has been my routine now for the past three summers of college and each year on this day has marked the first of three very different summers. I have a positive outlook for this summer and hope for many days to come, even though that usually means hard work, chlorinated hair, and burnt skin. 

Unfortunately while I was away a horrible tornado hit North Minneapolis in the community I call my own. So as I enter into the summer with joint responsibility with my co-managers, director, and lifeguards at my pool {for the past 5 years}. I cautiously and prayerfully go into summer to be a positive light and safe place for children and families to come and cool off from the hot summer days. I also pray for the safety of the pool patrons as I do my staff, with little drama or harm to come our way. Running a pool is as much about preparing the facility, hiring good staff, as well as being willing to put in the hard but rewarding work. So far we're running very much ahead of schedule and our first day will be Saturday, June 11th with a safety day open house to kick off the summer, filled with boat, life jacket, hand washing, fire, safety to inform people before summer gets really going! Visit information online {here}. 

That is all for now, next thing on the docket is taking a Red Cross Class to prepare me for nursing classes this fall. The class will certify me in the state of Minnesota as a Certified Nursing Assistant.    

No comments:

Post a Comment