Concert: Lykke Li
Venue: {The Metro} in Wrigleyville Chicago
Cost: $35.00
**Before the show on the way to dinner we walked passed Lykke Li herself...too bad I was too shy to say anything or ask for a photo, that might be something I'll be regretting for a while** {Photo to the left is outside the Metro with her Tour bus}
The first time and the only time before that I saw Lykke Li was in Minneapolis at {Varsity Theater} which is a venue I love and I was super impressed with her performance, she only had a small band with her and only one album out. She filled a full show with beat boxing and a few remixes on American songs.
This time I saw her I didn't know what to expect, I knew she had grown in popularity but I was unaware of her growth in a band 3 musicians and 1 back up singer. It was awesome from beginning to end with a encore of 3 songs. I really do think she comes alive in her performance and even my not as favorite songs were performed really well. The only thing that I noticed significantly in regards to concerts locally (in Minneapolis) and in Chicago was the audience was really chatty and got a little annoying at times. Even Grimes her leading lady who started the show had a very similar vibe as Lykke Li and was fairly decent. All the photos are pictures I took, and once again we got front standing positions with no one in front of us! I have been so lucky recently at concerts. Here are a few other shots from the show.
I think this was taken when she was performing "Little Bit" from her first album...I believe I posted the youtube video last week's {Music Monday}.
Posted: Friday, May 27th, 2011 {Backdated for Monday, May 23rd}
No comments:
Post a Comment