12 September 2011

I really love this kitty! {Silas}

I know that when you rescue animals you shouldn't become attached, because then if you turn them into the humane society and something is wrong with the little bundle unfortunately they have to put them down. Generally I agree with this policy, we don't need millions of cats reproducing that are sick, unwell, threatening to be adopted and hurt more cats or even possibly humans. So a little over a week ago I blogged {here} about my family's love for cats and our attempt to periodically rescue them and bring them to a safe place. While since our own cat thinks she's queen {visit Meiko here} of the house we would never be able to be a multiple cat home. Back to the story, so we brought Silas in and named him Silas, I was really excited when last night he moved from "stray" to adoptable on the Humane Society's website for some reason he still has a link that works {here} from when he was listed as stray. Well my brother and my mother went to visit and he was not able to be found, I was devastated, he wasn't even listed online anymore so I feared the worst. Because of my personality I decided to call and inquire of this cute kitten and act as a prospective home, I was pleased to hear that he wasn't handling the surgery of getting neutered well but that once he recovers and shows signs he will be put back on the adoption floor! Praise the Lord. I was happy, I just have a spot for little Silas now in my heart and really hope he can find a loving home. So here's to breaking the rules (just a little bit!) and asking the right questions. So please! If you want a loving, male cat, that would like to live in a single-cat-home please keep checking the website for him his name is Silas! Super friendly, uses the litter box without any problem and purrs when you give him some love'n. Enjoy the photos of this sweet thing :] I would adopt him but unfortunately as I mentioned earlier my kitty is queen at one house and during the school year my dorms don't suit cats very well.

 
   
Still no sign of his friend {also a male cat, except black} "Tickle" {mentioned here}, I really hope he's surviving alright that cold and crazy world can be really scary too!

No comments:

Post a Comment