So I've been thinking during this whole taper thing, and saying goodbye to my competitive swimming edge, and being an athlete, and really not liking the idea that I am just getting old and won't be able to perform at my highest anymore.....well then I was on Pinterest and found this AWESOME race and it's in July and thought this would be a perfect kick start to the rest of my life of amateur sports and working out. It's called the Color Run, and all proceeds go to a local charity, and this year it happens to be in St. Paul!
So I'm super pumped and I'm hoping to get my brothers to do it as well as my teammates from St. Kate's. It just looks like fun, and not so awful just running to run. Check out the Minnesota site {here}. The idea of being able to run through colorful powder and be multi-colored by the end just seems like a good day brightener, and good motivator.
I believe the only place that has gone is Arizona so far, so you can see photos below. Even though at the moment I'm exhausted by the number of intense yards we've swam in the last 3 days, this excites me to spend time doing fun things with my team outside the pool; it's a freeing feeling! You can like it on facebook if you click the photo below!

No comments:
Post a Comment