03 February 2012

Taper Day 2 {5800 yards}/ Last Day of front - loading

 

It's finally Friday!
Which means I got through the toughest 5 days of the swim season, and of this half of the semester. 
The day did get a little brighter when our AM session got out nearly an hour early allowing us to get to swimming sooner as well as eat a full lunch before lab.

Sadly, when I was getting my lunch today I was reminded how I wouldn't be able to enjoy the ever yearning need for my coca-cola that I would have liked, but chocolate milk and banana had to suffice. I'm managing, I have been bringing water to class the past two days to compensate, so if I was drinking something it took my mind off of other options I could be munching on if it wasn't taper. Now I'm back in my room, it's quiet and I'm enjoying it. I have a lot to do for class this weekend, but only have to go into work once to teach a private swimming lesson so I'll have plenty of time. Though tonight an early bed time and mindless television sound like an awesome idea before an early morning for practice tomorrow, I have to keep telling myself taper will get better and I will feel awesome, just not yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment