17 April 2012

Confessions of an Undergraduate Student Nurse -

Let me just describe to you a snapshot of my morning....

5:45am Alarm goes off, I get jolted out of a deep sleep, and have to reorient myself to time & place. Then I remember I have to register for Fall courses and I say a quick prayer that it all works out and I can get the schedule that I am hoping for.

5:59am one of my friends from school text me and ask if I can register yet, I respond nope not yet...

6:00am I begin the tedious process of typing in all the CRN registration numbers
....loading....

6:05am Error has appeared on the screen I start to get up tight, try again

6:15am My friend who lives off campus finally says she's gotten in the classes

6:16am - I finally just realize its best case scenario to have her register for me from her computer not using campus networking that doesn't work at all lately

6:20am - I get the text that tells she thinks I should be registered

6:25am - I double check and head back to bed....only long enough to have to get up to work by 8:30am. Thank goodness for coffee and caffeine!

Registration is stressful, I'd be lying if I told you that my heart didn't start racing when my alarm went off. I would also be lying if I told you that I will miss having to register every semester. Now tell me why registration has to be at such a awful hour; I know why...because the registrars office can't and won't do anything for you at 6am....because they are fast asleep enjoying dreamland! 

The bright side of things...I think I got exactly what I planned. So I will be doing a variety of clinicals next fall, but I will be spending most of my time at the St. Paul Pediatric Hospital so that should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment