18 April 2012

New Right Knee Check! [Orthopedic Clinical 3 of 5]

These clinicals really do go by in a blink of an eye, and in that case it really makes me want to be a nursing student the rest of my life. On the other hand I would really just like to be fully licensed and switch departments every 5 weeks or so...

Three things that made me smile today:
1) Feeling of accomplishment as an "independent" nurse
2) When a care plan works - stick with it!
3) When my patient told me instructor that I was a keeper, and at the end of the day when she told me that I would have a great career and thanked me for making her day very pleasurable

Rule #3 of Post-Op Orthopedics:
When specific care plans and interventions work - stick with it, if it ain't broke; DON'T FIX IT. This will make for a pleasurable and good day for all parties involved.

Successful Day 3 - Thank you to a great nurse! Good warnings, and a patient that I was able to help.

Well, now it's time for thinking nursing care plan, nursing diagnoses, and interventions.
I think I can, I think I can,...

No comments:

Post a Comment