Let you in on a little secret; I have been employed part-time somewhere since the age of 14 which makes up about 9 years of my life. At the age of almost 22 I'd say that's pretty good! My jobs have been within the same realm of expertise whether that is teaching swimming lessons, lifeguarding a pool, teaching people CPR/ Lifeguarding, management of a water park. I made the conscious decision following my 5th summer being in management at the local water park that it would be the best choice for me to make the transition to working in a place of my future employment as a certified nursing assistant in an acute setting (hospital). Well, little did I know this would be easier said than done. Originally I was thinking that why wouldn't a 22 year old nursing student be an attractive hire as a CNA somewhere.....I dunno...but apparently I was wrong, or the right fit just hasn't been established yet. I eluded to this job search back on this post {here}.
Well, yesterday I got the inevitable email I was hoping would never come. My secondary job I currently hold is at a local YWCA and have worked there since the fall of 2007. The Aquatic Coordinator emailed us to inform us that on May 14th a summer availability will be due and that there will be a weekly schedule that will remain for the entire summer. Well this puts me in a panic; I want a job at a hospital; but I need to make money; but I don't want to give up on a summer job at a hospital.
So I'm put at a place of many unknowns which scares me, and puts me in a place of vulnerability and insecurity; a place I've never really been. I now can relate with people who have lost jobs, and don't know where to turn,...and believe me my situation is miniscule compared to most of the world.
Today when I was peruzing my regular blogs I read I ran across these two; and I found encouragement and hope. I will continue to take one day at a time & seek God to show me the right way to go.
I read the update on 8-day old baby Nora who was diagnosed before birth with Trisomy18 and most doctors suggest parents to terminate the pregnancy early because these babies aren't "compatible with life". However, Nora's parents did not feel this way and she is documenting their journey. She talks about how their life is full of unknowns and living in worry can strip away living in happiness of the moment and taking life as it comes; this put life into perspective for me and gives me hope. Visit {here}.
Another blog I read is called Running on Happiness, and true to form one of her posts has the above music video titled, "Living in the moment". Which a certain brother of mine is really good at, and is definitely not my strength. So you can read her post {here}.
Be encouraged, and find hope in the little things. As my mom told me last night; control the things you can control and let go of everything you cannot.

No comments:
Post a Comment