01 May 2012

Happy May Day?

Well I'll be honest; I have not ever really celebrated May Day/ really even know the origin or what it's about. But regardless, happy almost summer! Supposedly there's a storm supposed to happen later today so that's awesome; I love thunder storms, they are definitely one of my favorite things!

Well this post is long over due, actually nearly 2 months past due...my final college banquet was Sunday, March 4th, 2012. The biggest problem had more to do with me actually getting the photos off of my moms camera and less about me actually writing this post.

St. Catherine University's Varsity Swim Team 2011 - 2012 Swim Season

It was an afternoon filled with a bittersweet nostalgia amongst the senior swimmers & diver. There were six of us and we all had put in 4 years of hard work, dedication, and spirit into this team and truly made it our own. It's always hard to know how you're going to react to goodbyes, and the unknowns of the future, and even two months later I'm still pondering this reality. As I look at our swim team we truly have 20 individuals come together as a unique piece to our puzzle and I have to say it was hard sometimes, but I am learning to look back and appreciate every moment of it. 

I love these ladies, like another family, and I can't for a second regret the hours and dedication that it took us to get to where we ended up. Even though we are moving on, I know this team has a lot to offer in the coming years, and coaches that are ready to bring them there. 

From Left to Right Seniors of 2012:
Sarah V., Bridget, Reba, Mary, (me!), Sarah M.

  Coaches & I (Nicole Hempler & Shana Erickson)                                              Seniors and Coaches!

A few other steals of photos from MIAC that I downloaded from my mom's camera:
 
One of the last times I wore one of these crazy fast suits!

 
Coaches pep talk after one of my races :-) My lucky TEMPORARY butterfly tat 


Team cheer before one of the sessions!


 One of my favorites of Shana and I; my coach :)
On a slightly different note: an important petition YOU should participate in!! Super easy; takes like 30 seconds....

GO {HERE} NOW!!

We need more functioning pools in Minneapolis that have potential to change lives, like swimming has done for me! Take the 30 seconds, I mean it, sign the petition! 

....seriously just follow this link {NOW}

No comments:

Post a Comment