20 August 2012

new day. new week.

 

As you may or may not have read {here} I got in a fender bender this past Saturday, that was 100% my fault, I misjudged pulling into a street parking spot and hit the corner of a car. There are more details that make this situation a little more frustrating and problematic but there's no need to go into it. I spent most of Saturday in a bad mood, and the post was more about me being able to get my thoughts out (as are most of my posts here to be honest). 

Then I went to church on Sunday, as I do most Sundays and this one happened to be my brothers last Sunday before he goes back to school, funny thing I wrote about Ryley's last Sunday before college last year too {here}, and the topic of the sermon was fruits of the spirit; Joy. Sometimes I believe God puts me in certain places at certain times, and Sunday mornings sermon topics sometimes hit me more closely than others. The speaker yesterday morning was one of my favorites, and she said that by the grace and gift from God we should seek out Joy in everything. Good times and bad. Well that's interesting...she followed up by saying because even in the bad times here on earth it is important to remember it is only temporary and the fulfillment and eternity of God can bring pure joy even in the hard times.

Yes it was a HUGE bummer that I hit another persons car, at a time where financially my family and I are already stretched. It was a huge MISTAKE that it happened and I need to be more CAREFUL when parking. However this is temporary, and at the end of the day these are just material things. I can't say that I am feeling joyful still about the situation, but I am trying to find grace for myself and move on. No one is perfect, and life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Even the teaching was in the moment it happened, the man who's car I hit was super patient and kind. Something that I needed. He even told me that it is fixable, it could have been worse, and it was an ACCIDENT. 

Life happens. 
I'm learning to find grace for myself, as well as know what is temporary and what is forever.
Plus, find joy in my daily life. It's good for the soul!

 
unkown source.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...grace for yourself. That's a tough one isn't it? Such a good reminder to find joy in every day - in every situation, and to realize what things just aren't worth the inner turmoil we typically spend on them. - I often ask myself the question: "In 5 years, will this even still be a blip on my radar?" It helps me put things in perspective! Hope your day is a good one! So nice to find your blog this morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your additional thoughts, I really appreciate your time to visit! I keep trying to remind myself the toughest critic out their is myself, but everyday is a new day and learning process. Thanks for the well wishes!

    Happy Wednesday it is!

    ReplyDelete