In some respects this post is some what predictable, cheesey,...as if I couldn't think of anything else to write so I thought this was a good idea. But I don't want it to be any of those things. As I mentioned in my past post {here} & {here}, that last month was rough and I did my absolute best to finish out the nursing class strong, but that wasn't easy. HOWEVER, it was in the bad days that if I could look to things in my life that were good, and true, and supportive. I was able to look past the moment of frustration and see that my life is more than this class and I am truly blessed with many good things too. So I want these posts to have meaning, and encourage others (...whoever reads this blog...) to find a moment to be thankful for the good things that they have.
I am so thankful for an awesome immediate family, and extended family. If it weren't for their love, prayers, support I wouldn't be who I am today. If it wasn't for my dad who I could call 36 hours before a paper was due to read over and check for structure and grammar, if it wasn't for my mom who would willingly switch her schedule to figure out how I can go grocery shopping for the week, if it wasn't for my brother who I love to watch compete in swimming in college, if it wasn't for my youngest brother who I love planning surprises with...I would not be the person I am today. Then there's my extended family of grandparents (yes I still have all 4 alive and well today who have both stayed married their entire lives!), aunts, uncles, cousins, who I love and adore and even if I cannot see them all the time I know that they are there for me.
Mom's side of the family - Grandparents have been married for 51 years!

Dad's Side of the family - most recently all together was in 2010 I believe at the eldest cousin's wedding! (Unfortunately my mom & brother aren't pictured they couldn't make the trip!)
This November, and Thanksgiving I am thankful for Family.
It is my family's tradition to spend Thanksgiving with my father's side of the family. I don't know why but I would believe that Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday! Anyways...I found out that for the first time in a while that my dad's family from Connecticut will be coming in town to celebrate alongside all of the 3 oldest cousins and their spouses, it's going to be a packed house, but it will be the majority of the Kramka family and I am excited. This will also be the first year without my dad's oldest brother and his wife because they are living as ex-pats in Papa New Guinea (and they couldn't make the trip!). We'll definitely miss them!!
{After making this post...it came to my realization that photos will need to be taken, especially my dad's side of the family!}
No comments:
Post a Comment