15 November 2012

Thursday's Thanks{giving}

 
Seriously, I was waiting for this moment since I woke up this morning.

Today was a long day, partly to be expected, partially more so than I was expecting. And still I find myself going through the day in my mind, thinking what could have gone better, what are things that are out of my control, what did I do well at. So I'm processing, and sometimes that part of post-clinical can be the most draining. (Thursday's are my clinical days for the remainder of the semester). Though, I try to keep my mind positive and know that everything happens for a reason, I can learn in every situation, and some days are going to be better than others. And that's okay.

So today, I am thankful for an awesome instructor, and good nursing friends that help with the little things. Knowing they're there to help, and back you up if you need it is a good feeling. It's good to be back into acute care, and I feel like after another week I'll definitely feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things, and have a better routine on this unit.

It's the people I depend on even in the hard days whether that be at work, school, clinical, home...that really help me stay focused on the goals and knowing that bad days happen and we can move on and forward. Here's to hoping 3rd times the charm, and next time will go even better, I will learn through it all and be a better nurse because of it.

Thank goodness, it's almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment