29 December 2012

family time. christmastime. 'tis the season {2012}

 
So I realized we didn't get a photograph of just my immediate family that I normally put. So instead you get a lovely photograph of my dad, mother, and I. {Christmas Day!}

We wish you a Merry Christmas, & a Happy New Year!

Christmas Eve// Christmas Day
December 24/25, 2012

Christmas this year was our annual set of traditions and happenings. Christmas Eve was spent at our humble abode with my dad's side of the family, his parents, dad's brother, and a friend from church. It was just what I could have hoped for. As I start to transition into young adulthood, not knowing what life will be like a year from now, where I'll be working, or if I'll even be close to home I found myself so thankful. I'm thankful for family, the time spent together, both grandparents who are happily married and in love. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a home-body, but there's something about being home for the holidays that just make everything so special.

Here's a few photo snapshots from throughout the Christmas holiday.
Following Christmas Eve service at church with my dad's parents (my grandparents!)
   
Christmas Eve festivities - Zach being camera shy; Meiko being Meiko. 
Christmas Day - mom's side of the family; minus her sisters family who stayed in Chicago this year.
Mom's Parents Christmas Day by the tree.
Annual Meiko photo - during Christmas gift opening; last year's photo {here}
As you may or may not have remembered from last year's Christmas holiday our Christmas was a lot smaller and more low key. We were short two guests, who we now consider our family. Our exchange student from Amsterdam & my brother's friend from college. This year our exchange student was back home, and Ryley's friend was spending time at home with his family during the holidays. Christmas kinda snuck up on me with finals going right up until the 21st and trying to get as much work in around the holiday as possible to save for my upcoming trip to Zambia, Africa.

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season, and Happy New Year 2013!!
I'm hoping to post a bit more before I leave on Friday for the journey and time abroad in Africa. For which during that time I won't have extensive availability to internet/ cell phones etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment