...As if you haven't seen enough photos of my Christmas tree & of Meiko our cat...
December 2012
Well December, you gave me a run for my money. As I sit here and write my monthly rambling looking back, I have a sore throat, cough, and stuffy nose. The good thing is it is happening now and not during any of my clinicals of which then I wouldn't have been able to go to. The bad thing, I leave for Africa at the end of the week and would prefer to board a plane in tip-top-shape. I thought the semester was never going to end, and am still waiting on my last grade - of course it's a nursing class one and so far I am satisfied, best semester of them all actually!...
Lasts: fall semester of my undergraduate career,... Firsts: time shoveling at a house that isn't my parents, hanging a IV piggyback medication on my own, working the evening shift at a hospital, (& last) handing in my preferences for preceptorship for my final semester of nursing school,...
Things I've learned: I can do nursing skills on my own without skills review from a supervising nurse, I am capable of being more independent in my nursing practice, how to manage my time and still get sleep, I am stronger than I think I am,...
Looking forward to: Africa for a month abroad, graduation, summer, more time in the hospital, getting more competent in patient care, the future...getting over this cold before I leave!
What I'm missing: having some of my family home for Christmas, time with my brothers, summer, time to just relax...
This end of the month, end of the year was much appreciated. As I still know everything happens for a reason, and that includes the good, bad, & ugly it's still been hard, and a struggle. But I did it, and for that I am happy and grateful to be able to look forward to the new year!
Hello 2013!!
No comments:
Post a Comment