28 January 2013

one week. last semester.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:6-8 NIV)
Stolen from this blog {here}

 
Source unknown.

In one week from today it will be the beginning of the end of the most crazy adventure I've had for 5 years, my last semester as a undergraduate nursing student. CRAZY. If I think about it too long, look at the schedule a little too closely, heaven forbid start counting the days until graduation I start to freak out a little bit. 

In the next week or so I will be finding a lot of things out that will determine how stressful, crazy, intense my last semester of college will be, and to be honest, that's intimidating! I have walked a life where I try to take things as they come, assume that God is bigger than it all, and everything happens for a reason. Que preceptorship assignments. If you don't know already I do not have a car, and will not be able to afford one anytime soon (originally I dreamed maybe by this point I would have been able to save up for one; life had other plans). The final semester of nursing school is spent doing 130 independent hours with an assigned-supervising nurse at a designated hospital in the greater twin-cities area, with this being said it could or couldn't be off a major transport line, it could be night shift/ day shift and any shift in between which means my family and I are going to have to be very creative in transportation during this time or that something or someone that I cannot see at this time would have to interceded to make the transportation more manageable. I am mostly writing this post to be transparent and honest about this situation, and so that I can have everyone around me in prayer that all the details will fall into place. 

Here are my top 3 uncertainties right now that I can use the support and prayer from the broader community:
1) Transportation
2) Assignment, that the placement I get and the supervising RN is perfect for me. Not a perfect person, but she or he is open and honest with students, pushes me to be my best, and gives me challenges and opportunities to learn with 100% support from them
3) I will have an open heart and mind to whatever the assignment is so I can make the absolute most of the situation by being able to learn and grow both personally & professionally regardless of the placement (my top three choices submitted were oncology, post-op//neuro or orthopedic, ER/Trauma {w/ pediatrics})

I know everyone wanted to hear more about my trip, and I will be getting to that (I promise!), however I felt as though this is what is on my heart and mind and thought it was the most important to share for today. 

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment