25 February 2013

Global Search for Justice// Botswana Safari

  

Chobe, Botswana

January 17th & 18th, 2013

This is my third post regarding my trip in January to the continent of Africa. You can read my previous two posts {one} & {two}, to understand why I went on this trip and the experiences that I have had; each post is going in chronological order.

After thoroughly enjoying the amenities of the Protea hotel in Livingstone and seeing one of the seven natural wonders of the world we were off! We drove in our bus to the border of Zambia to the Zambezi river that separates Botswana and Zambia. There we went through border patrol on the Zambian border followed by border patrol on Botswana's side. We took a small, what seemed to be a small fishing boat over the river, with no life jackets...but no worries we all made it safely across!

 

 

It did not take long to realize that during the safari portion of our trip we would be one with nature. Monkeys, mongoose, and hippos were everywhere. Our resort we stayed up was right on the shoreline of the Zambezi river and bordered the national reserve where we did our game ride early in the morning. 

 
 
   
 After getting acclimated for the remainder of the first day it was up early the next morning for our game ride, something I am so happy I had the opportunity to do, and it's a must for anyone visiting Africa no matter where in the continent.

If I ever go back to Africa, or anywhere for a prolonged period of traveling time, I will be purchasing a nice fancy camera. Until then these are what I took on my Nikon CoolPix S4200.
 
 
   

I posted photos earlier {here} from the safari of my favorites, so if you're so inclined, you can take a peak.



 
After all the time spent in the morning game ride and afternoon boat ride there was sufficient enough evidence that I was burnt....the fine print of side-effects associated with prophylactic malaria antibiotics were no joke; "sun-sensitivity"!
I didn't let it inhibit my time though! I enjoyed the "mini-vacation" during the time I was away. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment