![]() |
| source. |
It's at the end of days like today where my brain feels like mush, a sense of accomplishment sweeps over me, and then I decide to not settle on the success of today to instead look at the goal of the future. At my University's nursing school they require all of their graduating bachelors students to pass a NCLEX predictor exam before they will release my name to the board of nursing to sign up for a test time to take our boards. The first opportunity was during classes in the last month of school, the second opportunity was at the end of a week-long intensive Kaplan review course, the third was two weeks following that course which happened to be today. The bench mark for those exams which "predict" us to have a 98% chance of passing the first time is 65%. I did not make that bench mark either of the first two opportunities, so I had to wait again to take the test today. Each exam is a different format with completely different questions, however today must have been when the stars aligned and I passed. Passing for me was nice, but the best was seeing that all my hours in the library and studying over doing things that other young-adult-new-college-graduates would do which is enjoy their "last-last-summer-of-childhood"...This is not really an exam though that gives me permission to stop and wait until I get a chance to test, but reinforces that what I am doing is the right thing and that I should continue to press forward and prepare.
Because really,...I REALLY want to be a nurse when I grow up!

No comments:
Post a Comment