18 June 2013

Celebrating the Big Things! {While enjoying the little things}

Laura, RT//



Today, my good good friend and last-years roommate passed her Respiratory board exam today! She officially can add "RT" to the end of her name. I am so so excited for her, I know she was really nervous going in but I knew she could do it and she did! Respiratory therapy as in nursing you cannot work until you pass your boards, and lucky her she has a job waiting for her which means she REALLY needed to pass. She is also the first of my group of friends who graduated this year that took the boards, as I mentioned on facebook it is encouraging and pushes the rest of us to continue to study and work hard so we can have the feeling of relief and excitement she's having. She is going to be an awesome respiratory therapist, her patients, employer, and fellow health care providers she will work with are really lucky! If I get the opportunity to every work with her, I will be so happy!

Congratulations Laura! You finally can feel the relief and excitement of graduation and being finished!
Celebrations will continue this weekend :-)

Little things that I'm enjoying right now:
- Sun
- Summer weather
- Frozen lemonade from Panera
- Getting a "select all that apply", "correct order", and "select a region" questions right on a practice exam today, first time ever!...must mean I'm learning something with all these study sessions!
- Having our foreign exchange student in town from Amsterdam on vacation living with us again after a year (I visited him in Amsterdam back in January when my flight had a layover on my return trip from Africa {here})

No comments:

Post a Comment