09 July 2013

Bachelor of Science in Nursing// RN [Pinning Ceremony]


Undergraduate Baccalaureate Nursing Class of Spring, 2013

Something that is unique to nursing that was probably one of my favorite celebratory parts of completing my undergrad was the pinning ceremony. Each nursing school is different and traditionally the idea of pinning ceremonies is "passing on" the art and gift of nursing from one generation of nurses to the next. So for my class this happened the Friday evening before graduation. But enough talk and more photos!

  My mom on the right, aunt on the left. My Aunt has her doctorate of nurse practice and was the person to "pin" me on the night of nursing pinning.
Me and my two brothers. Zach (16) on the left and Ryley (20) on the right. I may be the oldest but never the "biggest". 
 
 Photos with my parents after the ceremony.
It was very nice to have my moms parents there that night to celebrate with me and the completion of nursing school.

A few photos from before pinning ceremony outside the chapel!
 
 Above is a photo of Rachel, Jacki, and I we all went to Africa together in January.
A picture with my coach from four years of college swimming and Melanie!

Pinning ceremony was a great way to end finals week and start the celebration of graduation weekend! I was surrounded by my classmates, professors, coaches, family, and friends that made this possible for me and for that I felt very supported and blessed.

 "Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, 
the believers and the thinkers, but most of all, 
surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, 
even when you don't see it yourself"

{A quote I found on pinterest and had it on my slide for the slideshow before the ceremony began}

No comments:

Post a Comment