10 July 2013

Bachelor of Science in Nursing// RN [Commencement]


I graduated! I officially graduated! It took me 5 crazy long years but I did it! As I look back over everything that has happened the past 5 years from traveling on training trips with the swim team, going to Africa for class, getting up early for clinical and practices, staying up late to study, I did it! Sometimes these days, especially in my family filled with college graduates where it is expected that you graduate from college some of these mile stones don't feel as important. Deep down though I know it is. It has equipped me to pursue a career I love and put me in a place to really help and serve others at a whole other level. Here's a few pictures from the day. I only received 3 tickets for commencement to my mom, dad, and Aunt came to celebrate with me and then afterwords my family met us at a local Mexican restaurant, even my cousins and Uncle from Chicago came up just for the weekend! I have a really loving and supportive family, and today was no different! 

      These three girls Steffanie (BSN), Melanie (BSN), and Laura (BS in Respiratory Therapy) have been so important in my college experience. They were my teammates, classmates, cheerleaders and friends through the good/ bad/ and ugly. They know me the most and I am so glad that we were able to take this journey together! (First photo of the day and one of my favorites!)
Alli (far right) joined us a little later in the morning for pictures. She's off internationally to teach an elementary classroom, so happy and excited for her! I swam with her for 3 out of my 4 years of college swimming, and was her "big" sister. 
My Aunt Heidi flew up from Chicago before the rest of her family joined her to be at my pinning ceremony to pin me. She has been at every major event and celebration thus far in my life and look forward to many more to come!
Catholic hooding ceremony/ service before commencement.
Grand march to the auditorium where commencement would be held...finally my mom noticed me!
Very proud parents! (they love me lots!)
To this day one of my favorite photos of my dad and I.
Photo with Steff and Chrissy nursing friends who were in clinical with me all the way through nursing school.
We're done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment