| "hello, my name is meiko. don't mind the other cat in the background, she's not important" |
It's been 5 months since I wrote the last blog post on these two four-footed friends and so I figured an update was due! (because that's what blogs are for right?). The last post {here} told how these two don't get along and hissing and fighting were a daily occurrence. Well I wish I could say that they've resolved their differences and lived happily ever after...well not so fast! They have gotten wayy better at getting along, and I would like to point out that no cat had to be brought to the vet because of the aftermath of any fighting.
Here's the deal, Sassy likes to eat and play. Two problems when she tries to eat from Meiko's (the queen bee above and resident cat) bowl and play with Meiko by running around her like she has never gotten attention ever in her life. Which in both of these cases whenever this occurs Meiko hisses and is not too happy.
Regardless, we love them both, and as Sassy gets fatter and Meiko continues to tolerate her (we have even caught them snuggling together once...I got a photo to prove this did happen and it is posted on my instagram).
We'll keep them. So here's to going from a one-cat household to two, and Meiko getting a few more grey hairs because of it ;-)....
| Sassy is her real name. She also goes by Sassafras, "black cat", or fat cat..on occasion ;) |
| Just Meiko. Or "baby kitty". |
until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment