22 April 2014

kicked my butt.


 
source unknown. 

I dunno if it was the post-holiday blues, it being a monday, or too many days off in a row for this new nurse that it took more than 45 minutes into my shift for me to feel like the rug was pulled beneath me and had to reorient to the evening shift & rhythm of my unit again. 4 new patients, none I had met before, and it was a busy and long night. Plus, a bad choice in "lunch" brought from home, so much so I justified a post-shift run to taco bell on the way home from work, bad habits brewing...not something I am proud of.

Now it's 2 o'clock in the morning and I am trying to stay up as late as possible because I'm back on nights for the rest of the week! I've checked all my emails, read the weekly update from my boss, double checked my calendar multiple times so that I have everything under control (thank goodness for smart phones!).

No comments:

Post a Comment