![]() |
| A quick iPhone picture I snapped at work one evening on a beautiful day in may. |
May was one of those months where I feel went by so fast that I don't even know where to start. I dunno if anyone else in my neck of the woods feels this way, but I do feel as though I totally missed out on spring and went straight to summer. Which makes working in a cooler, air-conditioned building not so motivating to get dressed for. So here's to looking ahead and trying to remember the important stuff from May.
Firsts: major repair on my car,...anticipating one more before my next oil change :-(, sunburn of the year, seeing my brother pitch varsity,...
Favorites: coffee dates, manicures with Steff, time with my boyfriend outside, continuing to find joy in my work, short commutes, living in a city I love, having all of my friends in the same state..(I may be repeating myself from last month)
Things I've learned: I continue to strive towards balance, working lots of shifts isn't always the answer to my happiness, trying to be authentic with everyone I come in contact with - my patients, my family, my friends (easier said than done)
What I'm missing: rhythm in my life - I feel like my job makes that difficult (something I didn't anticipate being as much of a problem), holidays off of work, vacation, balance, budget, my own space,...
What I'm looking forward to: 6 months of being an RN for me (July 6th to be exact) & celebrating with my nursing friends, finding time to get into the sun, better health - stomach bug got me this weekend, double/ triple dates with my friends and their new relationships,...
Words to ponder:


No comments:
Post a Comment