05 September 2014

independence isn't for the weak of heart

Can't I just live with my parents forever?

...I'm only mostly kidding. I have everything except my bedroom moved into my new place, partly due to logistics and not getting a vehicle until Saturday to help me move everything else. I also am thankful for this last full week off of work and sleeping at my parents house for the last time in my room. I cannot be more pleased at how awesome my new place is for me, it's exactly what I had imagined. On the flip side I didn't anticipate feeling a little sad saying goodbye to everything I had being surrounded by my family. A very similar feeling of moving onto campus for my undergrad, this feeling of closure and saying goodbye, and if you know me, you know I am horrible at goodbyes.

So I am starting a new chapter living on my own, and spending my last night in my childhood room tonight for potentially the last time calling this place "home". I am thankful. I am thankful I have been able to live into each of these times of change and chapters of life.

It is bittersweet,  however I feel at peace choosing to move at this point in my life,...it's time to put on my big girl pants


No comments:

Post a Comment