![]() |
| Found it on Pinterest. I do still need a good, comfy couch...this one would be nice. |
My brother and I like to keep my parents on their toes, and the same week my mom goes back to school to teach her little preschoolers, my brother moves back to school (this time off campus), and my youngest brother starts his senior year of high school. I choose to begin my first least as a grownup on September 1st.
Thoughts on moving into my own place. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked, "are you sure you are really ready to live completely by yourself?", "you could save a lot more money living with your parents or at least having a roommate", "won't you get lonely living on your own", "you really should get a dog"....and first I want to say, "thanks but no thanks for your opinion - no one asked you". Then I compose my thoughts and say, "If I'm going to move out of my parents' house then I am going to live on my own. If I wanted to live with people my family are the best roommates I've ever had; that put up with me and I with them. This is the only time in my life I am certain I'll have the opportunity and can afford to do my own thing, discover myself, and live on my own". That's the 100% truth. Life is too uncertain to wait for the "right time", have "enough" in my bank account, or the "perfect" apartment. What I know is what is in front of me and I can plan accordingly and try my best to make smart budget decisions, but at the end of the day I have one life and for better or worse I need to make a choice and make the most of it.
Regarding a dog. I think it's funny when people suggest this - mostly because I didn't grow up with dogs, I've never owned a dog, I've never lived with a dog. Dog's are a lot of time, energy, effort, especially to train them properly and give them what they need to live happy dog lives. With the types of shifts I work, and the hours I know that I wouldn't have the energy to invest in a dog, and at this point it seems like more responsibility than I want to take on. Cats on the other hand...I'll see how long I can last without one or maybe two cat friends.
...now if only my laptop computer will behave itself long enough so that I can save money for a new one...
There's the update on moving, until next time||

No comments:
Post a Comment