This week was a hard week, and I needed a respite and space to recover. The challenges were seeping through into every facet of my life. As a result I was allowing the challenges and negativity to seep into my personal disposition and interactions. I was burying myself into my one bedroom apartment and hiding from it all. I was no good, no good at all. Then Thanksgiving snuck up and creeped into the spaces I didn't even know I needed. A week away from being a professional, a week of wearing clothes that I wanted and felt good in, a week where I could grocery shop as many times as I wanted, vacuum and clean my apartment when I chose, and catch up on the ever increasing to-do list. I found a place of thanksgiving and direction within a week that just seemed to have been moving out of control in ways I was just unhappy and quite honestly angry about.
The holiday and time away to take care of myself was essential and necessary to start this holiday season out on the right foot. I can now say that I am starting the holiday season remembering all that I have been given, and all that I can give. A season where I am looking forward to serving my patients on Christmas this year, where they need me to be there, more than I need the time off. This week I was given the gift of time and space.
I am thankful. I am full. I am ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment