

C H A N G E.
There I said it, if I was to choose one word to describe the last year of my life in 2 0 1 4, it would be CHANGE. Change for the good, bad, and to be honest, sometimes the ugly. My parents did something awesome while raising me in my younger years, they did not shy away from allowing us kids to be aware of change that happened growing up, you'd have to ask them if it was intentional or not. As a result, I always thought I was pretty good at handling, growing, and sometimes even thriving in change. This strength allows me to do well to in nursing/ health care field which will never stop changing. Then 2014 reared its ugly head and it hit me like a ton of bricks and it challenged everything I thought I was good at.
So here I am, writing a blog post at the end of the year looking back and I am exhausted. It makes it difficult to find myself looking forward to what 2015 has to offer. I have tried slowly over the past few weeks to start to warm up to the idea of a new year, a new start, and doing my best to move forward. I was talking to my mom a little while back and told her that I never would have guessed what a gift it was to start my first nursing job out of undergrad so close to the start of the new year, it truly is allowing me to start 2015 new and fresh and go with the seasons of work once again, and that definitely trickles into my personal life. 1 year into adulthood and I get to start new in the coming year, that starts to seem more motivating.
My highlights from the past year include, but aren't limited to starting my first nursing job after undergrad, moving into my own apartment, adopting my two cats Bruce (2 years old) & Chloe (5 years old), watching one of my friends little babes turn into a toddler, watching friends thrive in their new careers jump starting into wherever they will "end up", celebrating David and I's one year anniversary of dating. It's interesting because I never thought I was ready for any of this, growing up, being on my own, I am still nervous and feeling a bit unprepared as time continues to march forward.
As I look forward to 2 0 1 5 which started with a nasty bout of food poisoning at 3 o'clock this morning (YAY!) Happy New Year! I pray that I can find time to be more intentional, invest in communities and life around me that will allow me to grow and develop into the woman I am meant to be. I have practical goals such as finally being able to host a family dinner at my apartment around a dining room table before Zach leaves for college, have a couch where more than 2 people can sit in my cozy living room, remain on a budget. I look forward to the high school graduation and start of undergrad of my youngest brother. I am so excited to see what the next year has to offer for Ryley after his years at Luther. I am thrilled I got time off and can watch both brothers participate in their final swim meets of their lives. All of these things and more. I am planning on my 25th year, the year 2 0 1 5 to be a good one, and plan to live it fully present and with all of myself. Sorry for the not so high-tech photo collage above and photo dump from the year, if you've read any of my posts recently there has not been any photos...making up for lost time?
Cheers! 2015 ready or not, here I come.


No comments:
Post a Comment