22 August 2011

It's Monday BUT lets start it off right!





My brother leaves for college on Saturday, and in my family that means we all "leave for college" together. We plan on leaving Saturday morning no later than 8am in two vehicles, my dad driving one and I'm driving the other. As we had our last Sunday as a family at our home church it has been kind of bittersweet. 

Yesterday I noticed my youngest brother, whom now will be the king of the house, wrote on his Facebook status; "It just hit me today that I think I might miss J. Ryley Kramka when he goes off to college in Iowa this week." Zach the youngest has always been "too cool" to show emotion but he loves having us around just as much as the rest of us. When I left for college he made sure to email me and call me at least a couple times a week. I'll have to make sure to come visit so he doesn't get too comfortable being the "only child." 


Last night our family in rare form were all free at the same time so we went miniature golfing together in Richfield before Ryley had other plans. I did awful golfing, though still managed my 1-whole-in-1 for the night. As life changes and only moves faster it seems I am so thankful for the family I have that loves me as well as for the moments we can share together. In our culture today it doesn't seem to be prioritized to take the time to eat a meal together, go on an outing, or slow down just enough so all five of us can move each other in to college. I hope by the time Zach leaves we will be able to do the same. 

On this Monday morning I want to remind myself and everyone around me to be thankful, remember to appreciate the people in your lives today because times change and you'll never know what tomorrow brings, and have your actions reflect your values {be genuine!}. 


Happy Monday to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment