06 November 2011

Fall Back {Extra Hour of Sleep!}


I don't know about you, but the extra hour of sleep this morning and today came at a perfect time! This weekend was full of swimming and activity without much break between. I hope everyone enjoyed the extra hour as much as I did, and didn't forget to turn back your clocks!

Let me break down my weekend of lots and lots of swimming!

    

Friday, November 4th, 2011 
St. Kate's swim team participated in the Northfield Quad swim meet hosted by Carleton College. You can read a summary of the meets happenings {here} the official results/ splits are listed {here}. At this point in the season I can't complain I have gone slightly faster but over all we're tired and are just trying to maintain a good base. It was fun to see friends that I know from other schools at the meet as well, brings back good memories of club swimming in high school! The biggest excitement from this meet was that our one and only diver got a qualifying score on 3-meter diving which is always a good way to start off the season considering it was only her 2nd time competing this season.

Saturday, November 5th - 12 Hour Swim-A-Thon Fundraiser for St. Kate's Swim Team & Training Trip 2012!
Mary & I were in our own group, which was fantastic! We're lane buddies during practice :)
Now this was the fun part, if you haven't read my past posts regarding the 12-hour swim you should look back {here}. I can still take financial donations for those interested contact me via email ashley_kramka@yahoo.com. I also want to say how grateful I am for everyone who has taken time and helped me out and supported me this season/ fundraiser as well as for the past 18+ years of my swimming career. No words can express how blessed I am to have the people in my life that I do. 

It was a whole team affair, we all did it though :) Thanks to our Coach keeping track of the computers.

How the 12-hour swim worked is that our team broke up into 6 groups each group swimming every 2 hours for 20 minutes chunks, and we measured out how many miles we swam individually as well as a team. I believe as a team we managed swimming 80+ miles, which is always good. It was a long day, especially with the quick turnaround from the night before but we did it! I can say this, that my team is awesome and there's not too many people I could stand being with for that long in a pool, but we survived alright :)


That's all for now, I'm off to a study session for Patho tonight, and then a busy week with nursing and a solid week of practices with no meets! So I'll be tuckered out I'm sure. 

I wish you all a wonderful start to your weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment